Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Roasted Veggies

After a wonderful Labor day weekend, jam packed with family and friends and transportation adventures, I'm back home in West Virginia. And I thought I'd just share my dinner with you. Simple, easy, delicious. I have never had a toaster oven before, but there's one in my kitchen now, and I've decided to make use of it. I'm thinking that it is pretty energy efficient for when I'm just baking or broiling something for myself rather than heating up the whole oven. If anyone knows differently, please let me know!

So, here's 3 simple steps to a quick and healthy meal:

1. Wash and chop a variety of veggies. I used leeks, green beans, red peppers, potatoes, parsnips, red beets. Basically anything can go in this. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with some salt, pepper, and any spices or herbs as desired.

2. Place in toaster oven (or regular oven...)


3. After baking for about 40 minutes at 300 degrees F, (depending on the size of your veggie chunks), pull out of the oven and enjoy. I actually threw in some beans about half way through the cooking time because I realized that I had forgotten about protein for my dinner.


This is a great quick and easy meal for a college student who doesn't really want to eat Mac and Cheese or Ramen noodles.

2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Good for anyone even if they are not a college student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making roasted veggies like this. Delicious!

    ReplyDelete