Friday, September 16, 2011

Men's Shirt -> My Skirt

I have put my Pinterest account to good use, and took a bit over an hour tonight, after a great hike with some friends in the nearby Arboretum, to transform a men's shirt from the thrift store ($1.37 thanks to a half price sale!) into a cute and incredibly comfy skirt.


I simply made a straight cut under the arms, sewed a bit down the sides (I took off 3 inches on each side), zig-zagged a 4 inch strip of elastic on to the center of the back, and put a half inch hem around the top. For ease of wear, I also ran a seam down the front, so that the buttons won't gape when I sit down.

The fabric is a cotton/polyester blend, and super soft and comfy. I have a feeling this may be a favorite piece of apparel. Yes, please do observe my Chacos sandals tan. It had faded pretty well, but then I wore them to the football game last Saturday, and got a bit sun-kissed.

Off to bed so I can rise and shine early for a community 5K tomorrow :)

2 comments: