Monday, July 11, 2011

Hot Pads = Wedding Presents

I've been pretty crafty recently, but I have not spent much time blogging about it.

I prefer to make things for friends when they get married, rather than just choosing something off of a registry. A classic gift is a pair of hot pads, sometimes paired with something else.



I love patchwork because is full of memories- I had dresses made out of the blue gingham and sunflower print, made aprons for church camp out of the light floral and green fabrics, a skirt out of the plaid (WHAT was I thinking as a 10 year old?!?!), and I think the little blue and red print was from old feed sack fabric.

To be honest, these hot pads are not my most recent ones- I made a stack of 6 for my mom for Christmas, and I wasn't photo documenting too much these past few weeks.
I just gave a pair to my friends who got married last weekend, I am almost finished with the pair that I'm making for my cousin who just got married a week ago (yes, I'm not always the most prompt at getting presents to people!) and I have another pair in the works for myself when I move.

Moving, crazy! One month from now, I will be in West Virginia! But between now and then, I will be in Bolivia for 2 weeks. This summer has flown by.




No comments:

Post a Comment