Sunday, June 19, 2011

Community Race

This past weekend, my journey took me to the roads that I know well, roads that I ran a hundred times during high school.
I ran in a community 5K with two of my high school friends. It was really fun to see about 80-90 community members out to support a scholarship fund and raise money for a local youth program in memory of a friends' father who passed away a few years ago.
I have been biking more than running recently, but I really enjoyed the run. I ran with my friends for the first mile and a half, then found that I had a lot of energy left, so I finished it strong. My time wasn't great, quite a few minutes slower than my races in high school, but I really like the distance.
It wasn't nearly as strenuous as a half marathon, and quite enjoyable to be honest. I'm thinking that budgeting a few community races into my spending for the year will be a good way for me to stay active :)
Here's a snapshot of my two incredible friends who ran with me:

No comments:

Post a Comment