Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lampshade

The ancient fabric of my lampshade was torn, and so I decided to give it a redo, without spending a penny. I just used an old curtain that I had in my closet.


Here's the skeleton of the shade:



I cut the lace curtain into a base piece that wrapped around the entire frame, and cut the rest into 4 inch strips. I sewed these strips into tubes, ran a basting stitch down the middle, and gathered them.






 Each gathered strip was sewn onto the base fabric, and then the completed pile of ruffles was hand stitched onto the frame.









I'm a little concerned that the lacy ruffles are too much with the rather ornate base of the lamp, but I like it nonetheless.


Now that I have completed my fun project for the day, I'm going to do some school work/writing. I probably should have reversed the order of my day, but I had some friends over this morning for breakfast and a few hours of crafting.



No comments:

Post a Comment