Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Blessing of Friends

Last night I had a few friends over, girls who have been a part of my life for a long time. Now, we came together as young women, ready to talk and share and laugh together. To facilitate this gathering, I provided the venue and food. I love to bring people together around a table.
My menu was based entirely on the "Simply in Season" Cookbook, with a fresh green salad with "Raspberry Vinaigrette" dressing, a quiche (modified from the "Spring Quiche Trio"), and "Rhubarb Pie". A simple and delicious meal when shared with friends.
Alas, I didn't take any pictures of the fruits of my labor- so you'll just have to take my word for it that it was good. I would definitely recommend the rhubarb pie- I made it with the shortbread crust, and my friends (who aren't always the most adventurous in culinary matters) were quite smitten.

On another note, I look forward to deepening another set of friendship this summer as I live in Harrisburg, and work at the Joshua Farm (http://joshuafarm.wordpress.com/), an urban farm that provides employment opportunities to youth and deliciously fresh veggies to the surrounding community. I had my first two days of work last week, and I'm off to the farm again tomorrow morning. The rain has put us a bit behind where we'd like to be, but we'll manage :)

Be on the lookout for some fun pictures of what's going on at Harrisburg's urban farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment