Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Frozen



This past weekend, I ventured up north to Vermont with my parents. I was accepted to graduate school at the University of Vermont, and I wanted to visit before I made my final decision. As hard as it is, the decision is no. It's a great program, and it's hard to reject one program when I have not yet been accepted to another, but after a lot of prayer, careful consideration, and talking with others, this is not the best choice for me.

But, we had a great weekend together. Check out the newest Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Flavor: "Euphoric Martin". We also went on a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the woods and connected with friends and relatives.
Back at Messiah, the ice clings thickly to the branches of the trees. It is beautiful. A reminder of God's incredible creativity and artwork. I'm taking sculpture this semester, and I'm sure that I will never be able to create anything as incredible as he has. Beneath these frozen shimmering twigs there is life. A promise of springtime. During the season of waiting, both for spring, and for graduate school decisions, I remember to embrace the waiting. To savor each moment.
I do not claim to be an accomplished photographer, but the sheer beauty of the ice makes taking a nice photo pretty easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment