Saturday, January 8, 2011

Thoughts on a Snowy Day

My heart is thankful. Overwhelmed. Comfortable. Confused. I weep for those that I have met that live in poverty, those who don't know where there next meal is coming from. It is difficult to not be overwhelmed by the gravity of the situation. In order to not be overwhelmed, I focus on living graciously.

I am excited to be leading a trip back to Bolivia this summer, excited to return to the small community in the Andes Mountains. But I'm nervous too- nervous that I won't truly be making a difference in their lives, nervous that some logistical issue won't work out.

My words are stunted. I don't really know why I'm blogging today, because I don't really have thoughts on my heart that words can express. These are more just feelings, and thoughts of those who don't have a warm home they can curl up in when it snows outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment