Monday, January 19, 2009

Kigwe! (Hello!)

This is the first time that I've had wireless internet connection here at my beautiful Ugandan home, so I'm excited that I can actually blog for the very first time!
I've been here a week. It feels like I just arrived, and yet it feels like I've been here a long time. My group of 20 is very fun- I really enjoy living in a community of this size.
I've gotten past jetlag pretty quickly, after a few exceptionally long days ;-)
I can't get over the shock of moving into the middle of summer! I'm enjoying the sun and 80 degree weather, upset that I have tan lines, and can't believe that I'm sweating in January.
I'm enjoying the transportation system (matutus) and the convenience of a 2 hour lunch break with enough time to check out the awesome local restaurants.
I visited a babies home, played volleyball with kids at an orphanage', played soccer with neighborhood kids and been interrupted by a herd of cattle, run through the streets and dodged goats in the path.
I have enjoyed journaling and spending time alone with God, and playing games, laughing, and worshiping with my fellow Go-Ed students.
And I've done all of this in one week! I have many more weeks to go. Well, my group is going to have a time of worship together, so I must stop blogging.
Amor y Paz a todos.

No comments:

Post a Comment